Crown & Law Solicitors has very high standards that we are determined to maintain.
If you perceive a problem with our service, please communicate the details to us in whichever way suits you best. Any complaint will be fully investigated free of charge. Our complaints procedure is as follows.
- If you are able contact the solicitor or caseworker handling your case on 01618840055, by email or by post to our office to register your complaint. When your complaint is received we will send you – either by email or post within 2 working days – a copy of this complaints procedure.
- Your solicitor/caseworker may call you to discuss your complaint, and try to resolve it with you. We will record your complaint in a central register, and we aim to resolve it within 14 days. We may require you to provide further information in relation to your complaint and any such request must be treated as a priority by you, to allow us to deal with your problem as efficiently as we can.
- If your complaint remains unresolved, your solicitor/caseworker will write to you to acknowledge your complaint, which will be notified to Boniface Chimpango, who is a the Principal solicitor and Complaint handling solicitor of Crown & Law Solicitors, to enable him to monitor progress and ensure a full response within a further 21 days.
- Upon receipt of the complaint, the complaints handling solicitor will, based on the information that he has gained from the file, and discussions with the solicitor/caseworker dealing with your matter, contact you either by telephone or letter. He will try to resolve the problem and if appropriate come to an agreement with you on the course of action to be taken. If your complaint is about the complaints handling solicitor, he will deal with it initially.
- Where corrective and preventative actions need to be taken to resolve the current complaint and prevent it happening again, these will be taken accordingly.
- In the end written confirmation will be given to you of the final response by our firm.
- All complaints, together with associated documentation, will be filed in a complaints’ file and kept by the complaints handling solicitor.
If we are unable to settle your complaint using our internal complaints process, you have a right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007, which deals with legal services complaints.
You have six months from the date of our letter advising you that we have been unable to settle your complaint using our internal complaints process in which to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, whose address is:-
PO Box 6806
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email address: email@example.com
Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services - http://www.ombudsman- services.org/) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.